The Crosstown will link to 54 local bus routes, three TTC interchange subway stations and GO Transit.
The Crosstown is one of the largest transit infrastructure projects underway in North America and it is happening right here in Toronto.
As of December 31, 2015:
|Approved Budget ($2010)1||$5,312,000,0002|
|Approved Budget (year of expenditure)3||$6,638,251,000|
|Incurred Costs To Date||$1,170,964,000|
|% Total Incurred To Approved Budget||17.6%|
The Crosstown is a light rail transit (LRT) line that will run across Eglinton Avenue between Mount Dennis (Weston Road) and Kennedy Station. It includes:
- A 10-kilometre underground portion, between Keele Street and Laird Drive.
- Up to 25 stations and stops.
- Connection to 54 bus routes, three subway stations and various GO Transit lines.
- A connection to the Eglinton Maintenance and Storage Facility located west of Black Creek Drive.
As of December 31, 2015:
- The construction of the tunnel for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT consists of two separate contracts: one for the west portion of the tunnel and one for the eastern portion.
- The tunnel boring machines in the western portion approached Chaplin Station, completing more than 5 kilometres of their 6.5 kilometre route under Eglinton Avenue eastward towards Yonge Street.
- Tunneling of the eastern portion reached Laird Drive in December, completing more than 700 meters of their 3.5 kilometre route west towards Yonge Street.
- The first pilot and production vehicles are now being assembled and will be ready for testing in the Spring.
- In Summer 2015, Crosslinx Transit Solutions (Crosslinx) was awarded the AFP contract to design, build, finance and maintain the Eglinton Crosstown LRT.
- Metrolinx and Crosslinx are now working together on the final design of the line.
- At the end of December, Crosslinx submitted a 30% alignment design package as well as the Keele Station design package. Crosslinx will continue to work on various design packages for submission in preparation for the construction phase of the project.
*Escalated to year of expenditure
1 The budgets expressed in 2010 dollars were approved by the Metrolinx Board of Directors.
2 The approved budget is made up of $4.9 billion for the Eglinton Crosstown plus $400 million, which was originally included in the Scarborough LRT project for work required from Ionview to Kennedy, including an LRT compatibility at Kennedy station. As the City of Toronto has approved a subway extension from the Bloor-Danforth subway line in place of a Scarborough LRT replacement and expansion, the $400 million for the above improvements is being retained under the Eglinton Crosstown project.
3 The budgets in year of expenditure dollars were based on approved $2010 budgets with a provision for inflation over the project delivery schedule using Board approved escalation rates as amended by approved budget transfers. The year of expenditure budgets may be subject to change as the project delivery schedule is updated.
4 Total = Construction and Major Procurement, Real Estate, Labour Services and Support, Light Rail Vehicles
Reference to Fiscal Dates and Schedules
The Quarterly Status Report follows the fiscal year and is separated into four quarters. Unlike a calendar year, a fiscal year begins in April and concludes in March of the following year.
Q1 is from April 1st to June 30th and is referred to as spring.
Q2 is from July 1st to September 30th and is referred to as summer.
Q3 is from October 1st to December 31st and is referred to as fall.
Q4 is from January 1st to March 31st and is referred to as winter.